College of Media Student Ambassadors
College of Media Dean’s Advisory/Student Ambassadors (SA) represent the perspectives and insights of the student body of the College of Media. This group is to be an advocate of the College and ALL of its units, as well as the University of Illinois at large. SA will be responsible for various duties, but primarily representing the College to guests, alumni, prospective students, and current students in the College.
Current Student Ambassadors
- Hannah Brennan ‘13 Media Studies
- John Buysse ‘14 ADV
- Gina Cavato ‘13 ADV
- Minhoon Chang ‘14 ADV
- Shannon Cleary ‘14 MACS
- Deena Darwan ‘14 ADV
- Linnea Fox ‘14 ADV
- Alexis Georgiadis ’13 JOURN
- Rachel Hensold ’13 ADV
- Lauren Hummel ’15 ADV
- Lara Khalaf ‘13 JOURN
- Tian Lu ‘15 MACS
- Scott Martin ’13 JOURN
- Molly Nagle ’15 JOURN
- Candice Norwood ’13 JOURN
- Hilary Osborn ’13 JOURN
- Lauren Rohr ’15 JOURN
- Michelle Rotheiser ’13 ADV
- Hannah Ryan ‘14 ADV
- Emma Weissman ’15 JOURN
How are Student Ambassadors selected?
Membership is open to current freshman, sophomores and juniors in the College of Media. Students are selected based on applications and formal interview scores. Students who can commit to a full one-year term and have demonstrated leadership, strong interpersonal skills and an interest in meeting and hosting diverse groups of people are encouraged to apply. Members who wish to continue their service to Student Ambassadors from one school year to the next are required to reapply annually.
What events do Student Ambassadors participate in?
- Represent the overall voice and climate of students in the College of Media.
- Make suggestions about new initiatives that should be considered by the College. Develop proposals that will be presented to the dean for discussion.
- Provide insights and concerns gathered from the student body to facilitate the best student experience.
- Provide student perspectives on issues and activities under consideration by the College.
- Provide input on communication within the website, brochures, social media, etc.
- Conduct student research (surveys/evaluations) when requested.
- Encourage engagement of the student body in College activities.
- Represent the College at student, alumni and academic events.
- Serve as hosts for alumni, prospective students and families, and other College guests.
- Student Recruitment.
- Assist in marketing and executing events.
- Develop student leadership award program.
- Develop outstanding faculty award.
- Develop programming ideas for the College.
What are the requirements to be a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors are expected to:
- Participate in monthly meetings,
- Participate in committee events and activities,
- Maintain academic success,
- Be team players,
- Be knowledgeable about your College and University and
- Represent the College of Media with dignity, enthusiasm and pride.
Applications for Student Ambassadors are accepted online throughout the year. Applications for the upcoming academic year are due March 1, 2013, and candidates selected for an interview will be notified by email. Interviews will be held mid-March. Professional attire is recommended. Submit an application online now.