- PhD in Communications, 2013, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- M.S. in Kinesiology, 2007
- B.A. College of William & Mary, 1987
- Gender and Women's Studies
- Gender and Media, Television and Film Studies, Student Film Festival
After a career teaching middle school and high school in social sciences and sport, I decided to pursue a degree in sport sociology. Gradually I developed an interest in both theoretical and pragmatic pedagogical approaches to media studies that linked cultural representations of sport to both the shared past of cinematic technologies and the emerging futures of the digital media landscape. In my Media and Cinema Studies courses, I try to encourage critical thinking in the service of media productions.
- Critical Sport Studies, Ethnic Studies