C-SPAN Bus to Visit Illinois Campus on Monday, Sept. 17
The C-SPAN Bus, a state-of-the-art 45-foot customized motor coach, will visit the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Monday, Sept. 17, as part of C-SPAN's "50 Capitals Tour," which includes stops in Springfield and other cities across Illinois. In partnership with Comcast, the C-SPAN Bus engages teachers and students, community members, and elected officials through interactive demonstrations of C-SPAN's multi-platform public service resources.
C-SPAN president and co-CEO Rob Kennedy, an Illinois alum (BS '78, electrical engineeering), will be a guest speaker in Assistant Professor Janice Collins's broadcast journalism class that morning.
The high-tech, interactive C-SPAN Bus will be open to the public 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the University YMCA, 1001 S. Wright St., Champaign (across the street from the College of Media). Visitors are welcome to explore:
- Access to an exclusive interactive experience available on 11 large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and myriad of political and educational resources
- A smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers
- A high-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming
- A 360-degree video station featuring C-SPAN's unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and insightful, behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks
- A D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their Bus experience through social media
Students are encouraged to check out the bus and answer one of the following questions for C-SPAN to tweet out and potentially put on air later.
- If control of Congress changes in the November election, how will it impact you?
- Which party should control Congress next year and why?