Ciffone '10 ADV, honored at Cannes
Nick Ciffone '10 ADV, was part of the team from TBWA Chiat Day that produced two Cannes Lion award-winning ads.
As the copywriter, Ciffone and his partner Dave Estrada, Art Director, came up with the ideas and took them from script through production.
Made in NY for Gatorade received:
- Gold in the Film Division - TV& Cinema Film, non-alcoholic drinks
- Silver in the Cyber Division – Craft, Storytelling
Sweat it to Get It for Gatorade received:
- Bronze in Branded Content and Entertainment – Branded Entertainment, non-fiction: online series
- Silver in Promo and Activation – Product and Service, Food & Drinks
- Bronze in Promo and Activation – Use of Promo & Activation, Use of Customer in-store experience
Made in NY pays tribute to Derek Jeter on his retirement from the New York Yankees. Long-time sponsor Gatorade, wanted to pay tribute and help him say goodbye on his own terms. The camera follows Jeter on an unscripted walk to the stadium where he is greeted and thanked by actual fans unaware Jeter was going to be passing by.
Sweat it to Get It infuses humor into the Gatorade brand – a genre they haven’t used in the past. Real customers are featured as they attempt to purchase Gatorade, but are denied because they are not sweating. Payton Manning and Cam Newton are featured. The campaign has gone so well it is being expanded.
To learn more about Ciffone and his work, visit his site - nickciffone.com.
Pictured in the photo:
Peter Ravailhe - Managing Director at TBWA Chiat Day Renato Fernandez- Worldwide Creative Director on Gatorade Kenny Mitchell- Gatorade client Nick Ciffone - Senior Copywriter Dave Estrada - Senior Art Director Brent Anderson - Executive Creative Director at TBWA Chiat Day