Journalism alumni to be inducted into Illini Media Hall of Fame
The Illini Media Company will honor 10 inductees into the Illini Media Hall of Fame Class of 2023 during a ceremony on Saturday, April 29, in Chicago. Five of the inductees are journalism alumni from the College of Media. Illini Media, which oversees The Daily Illini student newspaper, WPGU 107.1 FM radio station, and the Illio yearbook, aims to recognize the distinguished careers and contributions of alumni through the annual Hall of Fame award.
The College of Media inductees include:
- Anita Banerji (BS ’98, news-editorial journalism), senior program director for media and tech at the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Andrea Darlas (BS ’94, broadcast journalism), award-winning anchor and reporter at WGN Radio and WGN-TV in Chicago, and currently senior director of constituent engagement for the University of Illinois; Darlas will also be the emcee at the Hall of Fame luncheon event
- Ed Epstein (BS ’74, journalism), journalist for various news outlets including the Chicago Sun-Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and Washington and Capitol Hill correspondent
- Kyung Lah (BS ’93, broadcast journalism), CNN senior national correspondent based in Los Angeles
- Erika Rosenberg (BS ’91, news-editorial journalism), president and CEO of the nonprofit Center for Governmental Research