Eric K. Meyer
- MA Journalism, Marquette University
- BS Journalism, University of Kansas
- JOUR 425 Multimedia Editing and Design
- JOUR 500 Current Issues in Journalism
- JOUR 199 Getting Started in Journalism
- JOUR 210 Newsgathering Across Platforms
- JOUR 199 Hands-on Media Technology
- JOUR 480 Social and Digital Media
- JOUR 220 News Editing
Former Page 1 and planning editor for Milwaukee Journal, creator and publisher of American Journalism Review / NewsLink website and independent strategic planning consultant to more than 350 news organizations worldwide. Current editor and publisher of three weekly newspapers in Kansas, including Marion County Record, which won a record 45 awards and was named the state's best mid-size non-daily for both news and advertising in 2018. Former Pulitzer nominee for coverage of computer hackers. Five times honored for directing teams of students in producing multimedia projects named best in the nation.
Member and subcommittee chair for Senate Committee on Educational Policy and campus Council on Learning Outcome Assessment. Member, Senate Admissions Committee. Chair, College of Media Courses and Curricula Committee. Former associate dean for academic affairs and administration.
Continued work as a professional journalist focuses on exploring and showcasing enterprising content selection and presentation strategies that increase rates of audience engagement and habituation and, therefore, marketability of news.