Hometown: Schaumburg, Illinois
- AAF: Pangea
- Illini Boxing Club
Hobbies: Working out, bike riding, ice-skating, going to the movies
Marketing Intern - Bosch Rexroth
What were your duties?
- Helped create and schedule social media content to promote events like trade shows, anniversaries, expert panels, holidays, etc.
- Helped create social media campaign to promote the company's stand at the SEMICON West trade show in California and the company's 50th Anniversary
- Updated PR and social media data to help present it to the company
- Create and maintain a fun and professional community page on the employee webpage for other all the interns
- Gathered stories and pictures for the company's employee newsletter and wrote a couple articles myself for the newsletter
- Examine social media data to help with future campaigns on trade shows
What did you most enjoy about your internship?
I really appreciated how helpful and patient my managers were whenever I needed help with anything. I also enjoyed the diversity of interns that were working there and how well everyone got along together! We became a small family and always supported each other whenever one of us needed help.
What was the most difficult aspect of your internship?
It's always scary working in a professional environment for the first time, so going into this internship for the first day was a little intimidating. Luckily everyone was so inviting and friendly that the nerves quickly went away.
How did your experience at Illinois and in the College of Media prepare you for your internship?
The College of Media at Illinois has helped me so much because of the various classes they offer that teach about research, the best ways to reach your audience, analyzing data, and so much more. I also got a chance to do an internship in the second semester of my freshman year with the Unit 4 Champaign School District's bilingual department in which they had me create and run their Instagram page. That opportunity along with the guidance of my professors proved to be very helpful with my internship at Bosch Rexroth.
How has your internship prepared you for a career?
It definitely confirmed to me that this is the career path for me. It has made me even more excited to continue to pursue my dream job in advertising and take any opportunity I can to help me get there. It also gave me a taste of the "real world" and helped me feel more comfortable working in a professional environment.
What recommendations do you have for other students about doing an internship?
Don't be intimidated to ask questions or help from your managers or other interns! If you are hesitant on something it's way better to ask then to just go with what you think is right and risk present something completely wrong.
Click here to view all archived Internship Spotlights