Spring 2018 Media Immersion - Portland, Oregon
- Available to all majors
- 24 student limit
- Program fee range: $995 - 1,495 (student account)
- Leaders: Steve Hall & Kyle Potthast
- May 14 - 19, 2018
- Portland, Oregon
- On-site Transportation: Eco-shuttle (charter bus)
- Flights and daily meals are not included
- 2017 Schedule
Potential visits include: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Columbia Sportswear, Instrument, Downstream, Intel, Portland Timbers, Moda Center / Portland Trailblazers, North, Wieden + Kennedy, Oregon Design Lab, HP, HUB Collective, AHA!, Green Sports Alliance, and more.
- Apply by: March 28, 2018
- Notified of Acceptance: April 6, 2018
- Commit to the Program: April 10, 2018
- Program fee range: $995 - $1,495 (fee applied to your student account)
- Financial Aid & Scholarships can be used
- Refund Policy
About the trip:
This program emphasizes the real world application of theories and research about sport culture, media, and business in an effort to help prepare students to enter the sport industry as media professionals. Program materials cover the current state of the industry and emerging trends.
The program is a 5-day field study in Portland, Oregon where students will meet with industry professionals as well established and emerging sport apparel companies, stadiums, action sport venues, advertising agencies, and Portland Development.
- Obtain a fundamental understanding of organizations, dynamics, relationships and practices associated with the role of media in sport industries
- Gain knowledge and insight into emergent trends in the sportmedia industry
- Build skills and abilities related to career development as it relates to the future direction of sportmedia and sportmedia professions
- Gain experience in creating and presenting multimedia presentations to a variety of audiences
- Display the ability to apply theory and research to real world experiences
- Build skills in developing perspectives, presenting ideas, and leading discussion on issues and topics related to the media and sport industries
Program Fee covers; on-site transportation, hotel, group meal, site visits, and event tickets. Flight and daily meals not inlcuded.
University of Illinois
College of Media