Application to PR Minor
Application to the minor in public relations is competitive, and the decision for admittance will be based on cumulative grade point average (minimum 3.0), application essays and a demonstrated interest in public relations. Interested students must be currently enrolled in or have already completed at least one of the required core classes by the end of the current semester at the time of the application.
There will now be two separate application cycles for the 2018-19 academic year.
- September 1-30, 2018
- January 1-30, 2019
Notifications of admittance to the minor for the first application cycle will be sent around mid-October.
APPLY HERE (Opens on 9/1/2018, and closes at 11:59pm on 9/30/2018)
To apply for the PR minor:
- Fill out online application form: APPLY HERE
- You will need to attach to your application a PDF of your academic history (i.e. unofficial transcript found in the Student Self-Service/Enterprise website or a degree audit report*).
- The Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor form is also required as part of the online application. **Only the student's information at the top and his/her signature is needed to submit the form. Both the sponsoring unit and the student's college of enrollment will sign the form if your application is accepted.
*To correctly upload your degree audit report to your application, please following these instructions:
- After generating your current degree audit report, click 'Print'.
- Select 'Adobe PDF' as your printer option.
- Click 'Print/Save' to save a copy.
- Upload your saved degree audit report to your PR minor application