How to Make a Gift
- Donors can make their gift online at media.illinois.edu/giving.
- Or by check to the “University of Illinois Foundation”, 1305 West Green Street, MC-386, Urbana, IL 61801 (indicate fund name on memo line).
- If the donor speaks about other gift options, let him/her know a staff member from the College will be in touch. Or, if you sense they don’t want to be called, direct him/her to the UIF website: uif.uillinois.edu.
- Focus on gifts towards our two main funds: College of Media Annual Fund or College of Media Endowed Scholarship Fund. Alumni can also make an unrestricted gift to a departmental annual fund.
- To make it easier for the donor, volunteers can offer to mail a pledge card or email the donor the link to the Decades website. Donors have the option of making one-year pledges that must be fulfilled before the end of the fiscal year (June 30) or multi-year pledges that, in most cases, must be fulfilled within five years. Multi-year pledges are ideal and are managed by the Foundation (they send the reminders). Pledges also count toward class giving program goals.
If you happen to have a conversation with an alum who wants to talk specifically about giving at a certain level, OR, you feel comfortable suggesting a dollar amount, here are some gift options:
A gift of $50, when combined with gifts from fellow alumni, can support student travel, technology upgrades and help to implement curriculum innovations.
Gifts within the $250 range allow the College to bring scholars to campus, assist students and faculty with participating in national conferences and support student research activities.
A gift of $1,000 has a direct impact on scholarship assistance, helps bring industry professionals to campus or supports study abroad trips for students.
If your alum expresses an interest in making a special gift (tribute/memorial gift, start a scholarship or make a bequest), please let him/her know you will have someone from the College get in touch soon with details on how to make this happen.