Application to PR Minor
Application to the minor in public relations is competitive, and the decision for admittance will be based on cumulative grade point average (minimum 3.0), an application essay and a demonstrated interest in public relations. Applications are only accepted once a year in the fall and notifications of admittance to the minor will be sent around mid-October.
Applications are currently closed and will re-open Fall 2018. Interested students must be currently enrolled in or have already completed at least one of the required core classes by the end of the Fall 2018 semester.
To apply for the PR minor:
- Fill out online application form: (Next applications accepted in Fall 2018)
- You will need to attach to your application a PDF of your academic history (i.e. unofficial transcript found in the Student Self-Service/Enterprise website or a DARS report*).
If you are admitted to the PR minor:
- Complete a Statement of Intent to Pursue A Campus Approved Minor
- Bring the completed Statement of Intent form to the Student Services Center located in Room 18 Gregory Hall (Attn: Holly Pflum).
- College of Media majors (Advertising, Journalism, Media and Cinema Studies) - the PR minor will then be added to your student record. (You do not need to do anything else.)
- Non-College of Media majors - the Statement of Intent form will be signed and delivered by the Student Services Center to your home college for processing on your student record. (You do not need to do anything else.)
- Any course substitutions must be completed prior to your graduation. The course substitution form can be found here.
- No more than 3 credits may be used from off-campus transfer courses or study abroad courses to fulfill the requirements of the PR minor.
*To correctly upload your DARS report to your application, please following these instructions:
- After generating your current DARS report, click 'Print'.
- Select 'Adobe PDF' as your printer option.
- Click 'Print/Save' to save a copy.
- Upload your saved DARS report to your PR minor application