Present at the undergraduate research and creative endeavor symposium
Save the date for the 2019 College of Media Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavor Symposium:
Saturday, April 6, 3-4 p.m.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, March 1, at 11:59 p.m.
What Can I Submit?
- Original research or creative work produced in a College of Media class or under the supervision of a College of Media professor
- James Scholar projects
What is the Format for Presenting?
- All presenters will create and present a poster for display about their project. There will also be some opportunity to supplement posters with a laptop presentation (e.g., film, video material), if relevant.
- Presenters will set up their posters before 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 6, in the Alice Campbell Alumni Center (601 S. Lincoln Ave.). Presenters will stand by their posters and talk with interested students, faculty, and other guests about their projects between 3-4 p.m.
- Share your ideas and gain valuable presentation experience
- Receive feedback that could improve or build on your research or creative ideas
- Bolster your résumé
- Good experience for graduate school applications or research positions
- Presentation satisfies one of the requirements for the Undergraduate Research Certificate
- The name(s), email, college, major, year in school for each presenter
- The name and contact information for the presenter's research mentor/professor
- Title of the presentation. Abstract (not to exceed 250 words).
Eligibility and Application
All current undergraduate students enrolled are eligible to present—you may submit your research as an individual or if you worked collaboratively, you may submit your research as a group. Email any questions and send your application to: Dr. Michelle R. Nelson, Associate Dean for Research and Creative Endeavor, firstname.lastname@example.org