360º Sports & Entertainment Camp
Summer Camp for High School Students
July 9 - 14, 2017
- Held on the University of Illinois Campus
- Learn: Drones, Virtual & Augmented Reality, Go Pro's, Sports play-by-play, Broadcast Journalism, Social Media Analytics, Branding & Celebrity Endorsements, Interviewing and Press Conferece, Photography and Video Skills, Multimedia Editing, and more
College Student Programs
The College of Media offers a myriad of specialized domestic and global programs.
Travel domestically to learn about career opportunities first-hand from industry leaders, alumni, and cutting-edge organizations.
- Apply Now: Portland, Oregon (Spring 2017) - Sports Media Industry Immersion
- Previously Offered: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Austin, New York, Boston, and Chicago
Travel internationally and study for a semester while earning the credits you need for graduation.
Fall 2017 Applications - Due February 15, 2017.
- Locations Available: Pamplona, Spain | Dublin, Ireland | Klagenfurt, Austria | Xiamen, China
- Upcoming Locations: United Kingdom, Australia, Sweeden, and more
The Business of Documentary
La Rochelle, France: June 19 - 22, 2017
With 2,000 delegates from 53 countries in attendance, the 27th edition of the international linear and interactive documentary market was a record-breaking year.
This is the place where the internation documentary sector gathers over four days to sell or buy projects and programmes, and to find partners. Challenging and thought-provoking conference sessions, pitch competitions with prizes, presentations by broadcasters from around the world, screenings and special events, all in a large exhibition and conference venue Espace Encan on the harbour side of La Rochelle.
Apply Now: Deadline, March 6, 2017
This course introduces students to the international market for documentaries. The course provides an overview of the documentary process from conception to distribution, and explores the documentary market, its organization and management, including the opportunity to participate in one of the world’s most prestigious markets: Sunny Side of the Doc. Emphasis will be placed on the current state of the industry and emerging trends.
In this course, students will:
- Obtain a fundamental understanding of what it takes to develop and fund documentaries.
- Gain knowledge and insight into how to turn an idea into a highly visual, long-form story.
- Build skills related to documentary proposal writing, the process associated with crafting a documentary trailer and the art of securing documentary funding.
- Gain experience in creating and presenting documentary proposals and trailers.
- Display the ability to apply theory and research to real world experiences.
University of Illinois
College of Media