Scripps Howard Foundation internship
The Scripps Howard Foundation realizes advertising, journalism, media, and mass communication students need internships to develop their career potential. Not every outstanding student can afford to participate in an unpaid – or even paid – opportunity. That’s why they offer internship scholarships through selected schools. In 2016, The Scripps Howard Foundation awarded internships to promising students in the Media sales certificate program at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
The requirements for the award, as decided by the Scripps Howard Foundation and the College of Media, are as follows:
- The student must obtain a relevant SALES internship on his/her own, and it must be approved in advance.
- The funding will be granted to the student at the start of the internship, and the scholarship will be awarded once the required paperwork is completed and submitted.
- This application/internship is only open to undergraduate students who have been accepted into the Media sales certificate program.
- The internship must be a minimum of 10 weeks with at least 35 hours of work required per week.
- Once a student is selected, he/she can use the title of Scripps Howard Media Sales Intern.
2015 – Maggie Spring
2016 – Emily Daly and Danielle Pullano