Yee Man (Margaret) Ng
42 Gregory Hall
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin (Journalism)
- M.A., University of Missouri (Journalism)
- BSSc., The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Journalism and Communication)
- Multimedia Editing and Design
- Infographics and Data Visualizations
- Social Media Research Methods
Ng is a media researcher with certified industrial training (Galvanize) in data science and database tools. Her research areas include journalism, communication technology, and social media. Methodologically, she takes a hybrid approach that combines big data, machine learning, as well as survey, and experimental research on media platforms. Her current research seeks to extend the diffusion of innovations theory by studying social media users’ post-adoption behavior and examining the mechanisms that drive user discontinuance and readoption.
During her doctoral study, Ng was an advanced analytics intern at Pew Research Center’s Data Labs and a developer for the UT Computational Media Lab. Before earning a Ph.D., Ng worked as a news artist at National Geographic Magazine and The Seattle Times and a data reporter for The Center for Public Integrity.