Yee Man (Margaret) Ng
42 Gregory Hall
- PhD in Journalism, 2018, University of Texas
- MA in Journalism, 2014, University of Missouri
- BSSc in Journalism and Communication, 2012, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Assistant Professor, Department of Journalism and Institute of Communications Research
- Affiliate Faculty, Department of Computer Science
- Data Journalism and Data Visualization
- Multimedia Editing and Design
Ng is a media researcher with certified industrial training (Galvanize) in data science and database tools. During her doctoral study, Ng was an advanced analytics intern at Pew Research Center’s Data Labs. Before earning a Ph.D., Ng worked as a news artist at National Geographic Magazine and The Seattle Times and a data reporter for The Center for Public Integrity.
Her research areas include journalism, communication technology, and social media. Methodologically, she takes a hybrid approach that combines big data, machine learning, as well as survey, and experimental research on media platforms. Her current research seeks to extend the diffusion of innovations theory by studying social media users’ post-adoption behavior and examining the mechanisms that drive user discontinuance and readoption.