- MS, Advertising, University of Illinois
- BS, Business Administration/Marketing, University of Illinois
- Senior Lecturer in Advertising
- Faculty Advisor, American Advertising Federation
- UI Teaching Advancement Board, Faculty Senator, Advertising Department Advisory Committee
- Industry Immersion Faculty Leader - LA, NY, SF, Portland, Seattle, Chicago
- Study Abroad Faculty Leader London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Rome, Florence
- National Advertising Review Board - Chair. AAF National Executive Education Committee Member + Past Chair
- UI Career Services Council - Past Chair. Coordinating Committee for Illinois Leadership
- AAF Board of Directors, AAF Faculty Advisor, NSAC Advisor, Vance L. Stickell Internship Board of Directors
- Introduction to Advertising
- AAF National Student Advertising Competition Campaign
- Short Term Study Abroad
Steve currently teaches the Introduction to Advertising course, a Weston Exploration Freshman Discovery advertising class and special topic Advertising Campaign courses with national and global client brands. Steve is the faculty advisor for the largest American Advertising Federation (AAF) student chapter in the country, NSAC advisor, and member/past chair of the AAF National Academic Committee. He has also served on the AAF Board of Directors. On campus, he is a member and past Chair of the University of Illinois Career Services Council, serves on the campuswide Coordinating Committee for Illinois Leadership and is on the University of Illinois Undergraduate Sub-Committee for Campus Discipline.
He and his wife, Kristen, have two daughters—Madison and Kennedy.
Bears. Cubs. Yankees. Illini. Golf. Warhol. Classic Rock. Espresso. Parmigiano Reggiano. Cabernet Sauvignon.
- National Distinguished Advertising Educator Award, American Advertising Federation
- Campuswide Teaching Excellence Award, University of Illinois
- Teaching Excellence Award, Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising