Open Faculty/Staff Positions
Visiting Associate Director of the Hub for Innovation in Brand Communication & Advertising Technology
The Hub for Innovation in Brand Communication and Advertising Technology (HIBCAT) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a Visiting Associate Director to develop strategy, implement programs, and cultivate key relationships to launch the Hub. The new Hub will meet the demands of modern-day advertising education by centralizing the coordination of multidisciplinary collaborations across computer and information sciences, social and behavioral sciences, business and economics, engineering, and arts and humanities. The public-facing center will also meet the growing demands of the industry by funneling insights and commercial interests to students and faculty in a streamlined, rapid-response manner.
Reporting to the Head of the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising at the College of Media, the Visiting Associate Director will play a critical role in providing vision and oversight of the Hub’s strategic goals, cross-disciplinary programs, faculty-student collaborations, industry partnerships, resource management, fundraising, and marketing. The Visiting Associate Director will work closely with the leadership teams of the Sandage Department of Advertising, the Office of Technology Services, and the Siebel Center for design to coordinate cross-campus efforts to advance the Hub’s mission. The preferred candidate will have experience in developing and overseeing programs, working with multidisciplinary teams, and cultivating strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate with the leadership teams at the College of Media (COM), Siebel Center for Design (SCD), and Technology Services (OTS) to create a three-year strategic plan for the Hub.
- Report to the Head of the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising to initiate programs and projects that will enable the Hub’s mission and vision
- Develop and convey Hub’s process(s), and scope project proposals that ensure successful outcomes
- Oversee the Hub’s operations and its core programs and projects with administrative and technical supports from COM, SCD, and OTS.
Relationships and Outreach:
- Identify and work with external and internal stakeholders to cultivate strategic partnership and resources
- Identify and work closely with units across the university to create opportunities for interdisciplinary research, action-based teaching and learning, and technological innovations
- Identify and secure support from selected industry partners to develop a professional and executive training program in computational and programmatic advertising.
- Oversee implementation and operationalization of programs
- As needed, hire and supervise program leaders, who will be managing the different programs
- Work collaboratively with the faculty and the administrative teams in the COM, SCD, and OTS in coordinating programming needs, dissemination of resources, methods, and outcomes, student advising and associated teaching
- Assume other, related programmatic duties to further the mission of the Hub
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Information Technology, Business Administration/Management or a related field. Five years of professional experience in brand management, advertising, marketing or technology related fields. Experience working collaboratively with diverse constituencies. Experience working on a variety of projects for multiple corporate, academic, non-profit or government clients. Experience working in multidisciplinary environments and assembling teams to solve complex problems.
Preferred: Graduate degree in Advertising, Marketing, Information Technology, Business Administration/Management or related field. Experience with technology design and innovation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ability to execute effectively and efficiently several key projects simultaneously. Must be able to work independently, have strong organizational and planning skills, excellent writing and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with people of all backgrounds and multiple units on campus. Ability to exercise sound judgment; creativity and vision are required. Demonstrated interest and experience in developing and participating in multidisciplinary and innovative teaching programs. If you see problems as opportunities, love getting things done, and like being part of a creative, entrepreneurial environment, we are looking for you.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by January 15, 2020. The committee may begin reviewing applications before the closing date, but no decision will be made until after the closing date. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, your current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Jane Dowler at 217.333.2351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time 12-month academic professional position with a start date as soon as possible after the closing date. Position may become regular at a later date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
See the most current listing of job openings:
Employment opportunities at the University of Illinois
Employment opportunities at the University of Illinois Foundation