Hire an Illini
Recruiting from the College of Media: Experience the Illinois Difference
Illinois graduates receive a challenging education that prepares them to be critical thinkers and creative problem solvers in a new media landscape. They can contribute to your organization from day one.
Our students are prepared to become not only practitioners, but also leaders in the quickly changing advertising industry. Students are introduced to the structure, issues and language of the industry and then exposed to the analytical tools and critical thinking skills needed to succeed.
Students are prepared to translate their work through the multimedia platforms of today and the emerging technologies of tomorrow.
Media and Cinema Studies
Critical media literacy skills contribute to a more informed and active citizenship; these are the skills that guide the citizens and workers of the new century.
Groups & Organizations
College of Media students participate in a number of Registered Student Organizations (RSO) where they put their knowledge to work. RSOs also offer unique opportunities for employers, alumni and visiting media outlets to network and present to captive audiences.
Media Career Services offers
- Effective, worthwhile solutions for recruiting the best College of Media talent
- Assistance in strategizing custom recruiting plans that allow brand promotion and access to College of Media students while meeting your talent needs
- On-site interview, meeting and presentation space
Opportunities for involvement include:
- Industry panels and forums
- Career development workshops
- Guest lectures
- Case competitions
- Road show hosts
- “Day in the Life” Tweets
- And much more!
- Job shadows
- Full-time experiences
- Handshake @ Illinois: used for on-campus interviews and job postings
- Information sessions
- On-campus career fairs