- PhD in Communication, Stanford University
- MA in Journalism, University of Missouri
- BA in History, Washington University in St. Louis
- Introduction to Journalism
- Journalism Ethics & Diversity
- History of American Journalism
Before earning a doctorate, Craft worked as a journalist for newspapers in California, Arkansas and Washington. She previously chaired the Journalism Studies faculty at the University of Missouri School of Journalism and is a former head of the Journalism Studies Division of the International Communication Association and of the Media Ethics Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
Stephanie Craft's research addresses definitions and measures of news literacy, how journalists articulate norms of practice, and journalism ethics. She also is co-author of the textbook Principles of American Journalism (Routledge), now in its third edition. She serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Media Ethics, Journalism Practice and Journalism & Communication Monographs.