New Student Registration
We are so glad you will be joining us at the University of Illinois this fall! Now that you have accepted your offer of admission, you will need to sign-up for a New Student Registration date. During New Student Registration, you will meet virtually with your academic advisor to discuss your degree requirements and register for your fall classes. Follow the timeline below to prepare for your advising appointment.
1. Take the ALEKS PPL math placement exam. It may take up to two business days for your records to be updated.
2. Sign up for your New Student Registration date.
4. One to two weeks before your chosen registration date, watch for an email from your new academic advisor with the time of your advising appointment and the Zoom meeting link and password.
- Check your Spam folder for emails from “illinois.edu” accounts.
- If you have not received your email one week before your registration date, call our office at 217-244-4329 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. One week before your registration date:
- Watch the College of Media’s welcome video from the Student Services Center.
- Check out all of the other campus resources available on the campus New Student Registration website.
- Family members are invited to sign-up for a virtual Family and Guest Q&A with Senior Assistant Dean Katie Clark. Register for a session below.
6. On the day of your advising appointment, log in to Zoom at the assigned time to meet with your academic advisor.
7. Get ready for the first day of classes on Monday, August 23!