New Student Registration
We are so happy that you have decided to join us at the University of Illinois this fall! Now that you have accepted your offer of admission, you will need to sign-up for a New Student Registration date. During New Student Registration, you will meet virtually with your academic advisor to discuss your degree requirements and plan out your fall schedule. Follow our timeline below to be sure you are prepared for your advising appointment this summer.
1. Sign up for your New Student Registration date.
3. One to two weeks before your chosen registration date, watch for an email from your new academic advisor with your virtual meeting information.
- Check your Spam folder for emails from “illinois.edu” accounts.
- If you do not believe you have received your email one week before your registration date, call our office at 217-244-4329 or email us at email@example.com.
4. One week before your registration date:
- Watch the College of Media’s welcome video from the Student Services Center.
- Check out all of the other campus resources available on the campus New Student Registration website.
- Direct your family and guests to Parent Resources information and encourage them to sign-up for a Q&A session.
- Have any family members sign-up for a Family and Guest Q&A session through Zoom with Senior Assistant Dean Katie Clark.
- Sessions are offered at 1 p.m. (CST) on May 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, and July 7.
- Please email your student’s name and New Student Registration date to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the Zoom meeting link and password.
5. On the day of your advising appointment, log in to Zoom to meet with your academic advisor.
- Watch your email for communication from your advisor one to two weeks out from your registration date with your Zoom meeting link and password.
6. Get ready for the first day of classes on Monday, August 24!