New Student Registration
We are so glad you will be joining us at the University of Illinois this fall! Now that you have accepted your offer of admission, you will need to sign-up for a New Student Registration date. During New Student Registration, you will meet with your academic advisor to discuss your degree requirements and register for your fall classes. Follow the timeline below to prepare for your advising appointment.
1. Sign up for your New Student Registration date.
- First-time freshmen in the College of Media should take the ALEKS math placement exam and any applicable Language Other Than English exams.
- Off-campus College of Media transfer students should take applicable Language Other Than English exams if they have not yet completed three years of another language prior to transferring to the University of Illinois.
3. One to two weeks before your chosen registration date, watch for an email from your new academic advisor with more information on your advising appointment. If you have chosen a virtual registration date, your Zoom meeting link and password will be provided at this time.
- Check your Spam folder for emails from “illinois.edu” accounts.
- If you do not believe that you have received your email one week before your registration date, call our office at 217-244-4329 or email us at email@example.com.
4. One week before your registration date:
- If you have chosen a virtual registration meeting, watch the College of Media’s welcome video from the Student Services Center.
- Check out all of the other campus resources available on the campus New Student Registration website.
- Use the Class Schedule to finalize a list of classes you want to talk to your academic advisor about taking.
5. Attend New Student Registration on your chosen date.
6. Get ready for the first day of classes on Monday, August 22!