JOIN US IN TRANSFORMING MEDIA EDUCATION
At the College of Media, we are focused on producing the next generation of media leadership—those who will help us understand and adapt to an unpredictable and constantly changing media landscape. We do this through agile media education, cutting-edge scholarship, and connections with the industries we serve.
An important part of our ability to implement our vision comes from private investment. Support from our alumni and friends transforms a College of Media education. Your belief in our students, academic achievements, and global presence impacts our future.
We invite you to join us as we continue to elevate the values that make Illinois distinctive: a sense of boundless aspiration, collaborative research, and global perspective.
Support College of Media Unrestricted Funds
Unrestricted gifts to the College or Departmental Annual Fund help create an environment that fuels innovation and growth. These gifts provide for the most immediate needs of the college and have an immediate impact on students, faculty, and programs. Unrestrictive gifts allow us to:
- Bring industry professionals to campus
- Support student travel and research activities
- Provide technology upgrades and implement curriculum innovations
- Assist students and faculty in national conferences and programs
- Help students pursue study abroad opportunities
Support of students is our greatest priority. Scholarships are essential to attract the most talented students within the state, across the country, and around the world. We must then provide them with the real-world experiences—including internships and industry immersion trips—that they need for successful careers.
You can help support our students through a named scholarship, or by contributing to an existing scholarship or fellowship fund such as:
- College of Media Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Department of Journalism Scholarship Fund
- Media Underrepresented Scholarship Fund
- Brett Lerner Memorial Scholarship in Journalism Fund
- Cardiss Collins Scholarship for Diversity in Advertising
- Daily Illini Journalism Scholarship Fund
- Dana M. Ewell Memorial Fund
- David Shaul Endowed Scholarship in Journalism Fund
- Iris Chang Journalism Award Fund
- John R. Foreman Endowment Fund
- Krupp Scholarship for Internships in Journalism Fund
- Jenny Lenzini Memorial Scholarship Fund
Minimum named scholarship: $25,000
Minimum named graduate fellowship: $250,000
Gifts of any size are welcome in the department scholarship funds and/or existing endowed funds
Champion Innovation in Media Research & Collaborations
College of Media Innovation Fund
This fund supports a range of innovative activities that celebrate faculty excellence, faculty and student research, technology advancements, and cutting-edge pedagogy. In short, these are the sorts of activities that are the hallmark of what the College of Media does as one of the very top programs for the study of media at one of the best universities in the world.
Support transformational research
Support cutting-edge courses, curricula, faculty research, industry collaborations, and student activities that will foster greater discovery and transform the delivery of content. Minimum research fund: $200,000
Nurture Excellence in Media Faculty
Endowed chairs and professorships represent the highest honors the University can provide to distinguished faculty members, and help to attract and retain exceptional scholars. These scholars, in turn, help to create educational experiences that enrich the lives of our students.
- James W. Carey Fund for Faculty Excellence (established 2020)
Minimum named faculty scholar: $250,000
Minimum named professorship: $500,000
Minimum named chair: $2,000,000
To establish an endowed faculty scholar, professorship, or chair, please contact:
Deanne Johnson, Assistant Dean for Advancement College of Media
217-244-5466 or firstname.lastname@example.org